Ways to help at home
Teach your Monster to Read
- Play "Teach your monster to read" games using your log in details. (See the teacher if you have not had these). Letter.
Click the picture above to log in using your name.
Reading, Writing & Maths
- Practise writing their name with the correct formation.
- Practise letter formation using their Focus Friday books - Download.
- Use the Read Write Inc Rhymes to help with letter formation - Download
- Practise number formation by practising the Big Maths Beat That Challenge - Download.
- Read regularly with your child, sharing and discussing books and listening to them read.
- Use sound button cards to help with blending sounds to make words - Download (or see book bag)
- Practise tricky words - Download (see sheet in book bag) out of order and in everyday reading
- Practise counting the 10 objects in their counting box.
- Show your child how to zip up their own coat and get changed by themselves.
Meet the teacher Powerpoint