Ways to help at home
Reading, Writing & Maths
- Practise writing their name with the correct formation
- Use the Read Write Inc Rhymes to help with letter formation - Download
- Practise number formation by practising the Big Maths Beat That Challenge - Download.
- Read regularly with your child, sharing and discussing books and listening to them read.
- Use sound button cards to help with blending sounds to make words - Download (or see book bag)
- Practise tricky words - Download (see sheet in book bag) out of order and in everyday reading
- Practise counting the 10 objects in their counting box.
- Show your child how to zip up their own coat and get changed by themselves.
Meet the teacher Powerpoint